I wish to reproduce in full the posting from Tartan Hero. This is truly scandalous.
Just watching the Dispatches programme on Channel Four which is exposing the real cost of the 2012 Olympics and how the rest of UK is paying for London's games. The Olympic Cash Machine is the aptly named title of the programme. Both the Telegraph and the Guardian have run stories on this on Friday last.
- The London Olympics costs have spiralled to £9billion (originally £2billion)
- London benefits to the tune of £5.9billion in public expenditure
- The rest of the UK loses £4billion in central resources
- Lottery Fund loses millions
- Many associated with running the Games will benefit financially from their involvement
Her tactics appeared to backfire as Kate Hoey, a Labour MP and ex-sports minister, rebuked Miss Jowell for interpreting constructive criticism as an attack on the London Games themselves.
And after it's all finished, London and the Lottery bodies will collect the receipts from the sale of the Olympic assets.