Saturday 6 October 2007

One Election Delivered, Another Aborted

Just as a new candidate was selected to represent Plaid Cymru for the Llanelli seat in the forthcoming General Election for the British parliament the forthcoming election was called off. Faced with a possible Conservative victory in England, and a strong Nationalist vote in Scotland and Wales, Gordon Brown hastily called off the election which he had almost spun to the polling booths. However it was Gordon Brown who spun off in a tangent and headed in a different direction and deprived the resurgent opposition in the form of Tories and Nats from savouring a potential political feast. It just goes to show that expediency comes before integrity as far as Labour is concerned and, as usual, it is the interests of the party which matter most and come before the interests of the people. The prospect of another two years of New Labour is not one which people in Wales are overly enthusiastic about, and the SNP in Scotland is no doubt bewailing the loss of an opportunity to display its strength. Mr Brown has shown a lack of political judgment and has done himself considerable harm by his unwanted vacillation.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you please take down those racist comments about the black girl in the Union Jack

Unknown said...

This version of anonymous calls me completely mad and now says I'm a racist. May I inform him that I am neither. I wonder what his problem is?

Anonymous said...

Black girl in the Union Jack? I'm lost, clarification please

Unknown said...

Anon, racist comments like yours are not welcome on this blog.

Anonymous said...

racist comments? I was just trying to figure out the black girl in the Union Jack reference, what's it all about?

Unknown said...

I didn't even notice she was black.
What's the big deal?
This doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
Why go on about it?

Anonymous said...

Alan I don't know what you are talking about? Is there something on your blog that someone is objecting to? Oh never mind ..... I guess I will never find out.

Anonymous said...

we are objecting to his racism!

Unknown said...

This is what I don't like about you anonymice.

It's virtually impossible to know which of you is which!

Anonymous said...

well we know we're not racists.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm just confused can anyone point me in the direction of this black girl in the Union Jack. I want to make my own mind up. I'd trawl back through Alan's posts but they're so bloody long and boring.

Unknown said...

I still do not understand why some "anon" has made this such an issue, but if you are bored by my posts don't read them, simple as that.
Hundreds do!